Times Supermarkets, which voluntarily exceeds Federal Drug Administration guidelines, requires its seafood suppliers to conduct tests on its products. During routine testing this weekend it was discovered that a portion of the supply of frozen poke cubes tested positive for hepatitis-A. Despite Times’ mandatory testing requirement, the supermarket’s supplier failed to notify Times prior to shipping the potentially affected products to Times’ stores.
After being notified, Times immediately closed the seafood department of every store that may have received product that tested positive for hep-a to prevent any possibility of cross-contamination and notified the Department of Health. The following stores were affected: Kailua, Kaneohe, Waipahu, Aiea, Liliha Royal Kunia, Shima’s, and Mililani. The Department of Health has already cleared the seafood departments, which have been fully cleaned and sanitized, to reopen.
Customers who bring back a receipt will receive a full refund for their purchase. Those who bought frozen poke from any of the stores listed from April 28th through May 1st are urged to discard the product and thoroughly clean the area in which it was stored with a chlorine bleach solution of 1 tablespoon of bleach to 1 gallon of cool water.
Symptoms of hep-A are similar to those of flu and include fatigue, nausea, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, and low-grade fever. Almost everyone recovers fully from hepatitis A with a lifelong immunity and the illness is usually not life-threatening.
“Because it generally takes two weeks for those infected to develop symptoms of Hepatitis A, vaccination or immune globulin can still provide some protection against the disease for those who may have been exposed in the last week,” said Dr. Sarah Park, state epidemiologist. “We remind those who received their first dose of hepatitis-a vaccination during an earlier outbreak on Oahu to obtain their second dose for long term immunity.” Times urges customers to consult their physician if they have any concerns.
“The health and wellbeing of our customers are our primary concern,” said Chris Borden, Senior Director of Marketing and Merchandising at Times Supermarkets. “Although we do not know if our shipment was actually affected, we do not want to take any chances. We are working closely with the Department of Health to resolve this issue and pledge to keep customers informed through our Facebook page as we learn more. For updates, please visit https://www.facebook.com/timessupermarkets/
Enter To Win A Trip From Diamond Bakery!
To enter visit your nearest Times Supermarket and look for the NEW display of their premium Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies!
Time Supermarket & Diamond Bakery
Mother’s Day Promotion 2017
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: Diamond Bakery’s Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of Hawaii who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Diamond Bakery and Times supermarket employees are ineligible for the promotion.
- Sponsor: The Promotion is sponsored and administrated by Diamond Bakery Co, 756 Moowaa St, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (“HAST”), April 5, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. HAST, April 28, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- How to Enter:
- During the Promotion Period, visit any participating Hawaii Times Supermarket and locate Diamond Bakery product displays.
- Fill out entry blanks placed on or next to Diamond Bakery product displays and drop it to the entry boxes provided.
- Entry is limited to one per person.
- Promotion Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. The Administrator’s selection of potential winners is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. There will be only one winner from the promotion.
The Prize consists of the following:
- Round trip for 2 to neighbor island, sponsored by Island Air, per Times Supermarket store
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, likeness, city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, technical failures, regularly scheduled maintenance, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment, then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Promotion and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Diamond Bakery and Times Supermarket and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of registrations and game pieces; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is duplicate package. If it is not possible to award another entry/play for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Oahu (First Circuit) of Hawaii or the appropriate Hawaii State Court located in Honolulu County, Hawaii; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Hawaii, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Hawaii or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Hawaii.
- Promotion Results: Diamond Bakery will conduct drawing and announce the winner on or before 5/12/2017.
- Entrant’s Personal Information: Information collected from entrants will be kept confidential to the Sponsor and Administrator, and will not be shared with any other parties/vendors other than what is included in paragraph 8.