UPDATE: MARCH 24, 2020
All Times Supermarkets, Big Save Markets, Shima’s Market, and Fujioka’s Wine Times have implemented floor markers in queueing areas of the store (checkout lanes, customer service counter, food service, seafood counter) to help guide customers with social distancing and keeping the appropriate 6 feet distance.
UPDATE: MARCH 23, 2020
Starting Wednesday, March 25 all Times and Big Save locations on KAUAI only will temporarily close at 9:00 pm until further notice.
LAST UPDATE: MARCH 21, 2020
Dear Valued Customers:
We are closely monitoring updates by the CDC regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact on our community. Our priority is to continue to provide essential grocery and pharmaceutical products to our communities in a safe environment.
In light of this, Times Supermarkets would like to communicate closely with you, our valued customers, to let you know what we are doing to maintain a clean and safe environment for our customers and employees.
- For all locations, operations of all self-serve delicatessen and bakery food stations will be suspended until further notice starting today, March, 17, 2020
- All food sampling demonstrations will be suspended. Times and Big Save will be working to provide an increased selection of pre-packaged delicatessen foods and bakery items.
- Increased frequency of sanitization of check out counters, conveyor belts, shopping cart handles, carry baskets, pin pads, door handles, and frequently-touched surfaces.
- Due to certain items being in high demand, Times and Big Save will be limiting customers to two (2) of each of the following: Toilet Tissue, Hand Sanitizer, Disinfectant Sprays, Disinfectant Wipes, Rubbing Alcohol, Rice and Ground Beef. Eggs will be limited to Three (3) units per household. This is to ensure Times can provide essential products to as many customers as possible.
- Employees have been instructed to wash their hands using soap frequently and avoid openly coughing or sneezing. If they are to cough or sneeze into their hands they must sanitize their hands prior to resuming their work.
- Employees are being instructed to avoid coming to work if they are feeling ill.
- All public dining areas inside and around the perimeter of our stores are temporarily closed to minimize the potential community spread of the virus.
Reserved Shopping Times:
In an effort to help keep our elder community and customers with vulnerable immune systems protected, starting Friday, March 20th we will be reserving dedicated shopping times EVERYDAY for this population of the community. We will reserve the FIRST HOUR of store opening for stores that open at 6:00 am. We will reserve the FIRST TWO HOURS of store opening for stores that open at 5:00 am. Store opening hours vary and are available by visiting http://www.timessupermarkets.com.
We thank the community in advance for respecting the purpose of the reserved shopping hour(s) in order to help protect our elder and immune compromised community by providing them with a safe and less crowded shopping environment.
Self-Serve Delicatessen and Bakery Stations Closed:
Effective immediately, operations of all self-serve Delicatessen and Bakery stations will be suspended until further notice. We will be working to provide an increased selection of pre-packaged delicatessen foods and bakery products.
Public Seating Closing:
All public seating inside and around the perimeter of our stores will be temporarily closed to minimize the potential of community spread of the Coronavirus.
Due to the high demand we will be limiting the purchase quantity to Two (2) units per household for the following items:
This policy is to ensure that we are able to provide needed products to as many customers as possible. The above list of items may be modified at any time without advanced notice.
Revised Return Policy:
Starting Friday, March 20th, merchandise returns on the following items WILL NOT be accepted: Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Hand Sanitizers, Disinfectant Sprays, Disinfectant Wipes, Bleach, Water, and Rice.
Temporary Rain Check Policy:
Starting Friday, March 20th, due to the high demand for products and the uncertainty of supply, items may be unavailable for an indefinite time period. As a result, we are temporarily suspending issuing rain checks until further notice.
We have posted signs and are making in-store announcements encouraging customers to practice social distancing by keeping a 6 feet distance between other customers when shopping with us.
Please be assured that we are committed to providing you with the necessary essential products in a clean and safe environment. During this unprecedented pandemic, we encourage everyone to exercise caution and remain diligent in your effort to keep yourself and everyone around you safe and healthy. Thank you for your continued support of Times and Big Save Supermarkets.