- 16 large bun long luau leaves or equivalent
- 1 package thick cut bacon, 2 strips per laulau
- 1.5 lbs ribeye steak
- 1.25 lbs meaty pork belly
- Hawaiian salt
- 3 medium sized green lāʻī (optional for extra flavor)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
1. Wash lūʻau leaf, if not "bun long," de-vein, remove tip
2. Remove hāhā, peel, and chop
3. Cut beef and pork into bite-size cubes
4. Salt meat
5. Wrap meat in bacon.
1. Lay out 2 lūʻau
2. Place bacon-wrapped meat in center
3. Place hāhā around the bacon-wrapped meat
4. Tightly roll lūʻau around meat
5. Wrap half a lāʻī around lūʻau package
6. Roll tightly in foil.
COOK: 1. Steam for 1 hour in pressure cooker or 2 hours in large pot.
Times Is The Exclusive Supermarket Partner Of:
Every Monday At 7:30pm on Spectrum OC16
For More Recipes Like This. Go To www.cookinghawaiianstyle.com