Singer, song writer, teacher and farmer Kaikena Scanlan joins us this week in the kitchen. He broke out on the music scene with a couple of hits called Smoke Meat and Utubang Bang that you could hear everywhere you went, they were so popular. This week we have him cook some of his favorites and we get him to sing. Make sure to download his music on itunes and support the local music scene. For now, let’s enjoy his pork loin with saute veggies recipe.
- 2 lbs pork butt
- Salt to taste
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- ½ c. shoyu
- ½ cup fresh rainbow carrots
- ½ cup fresh bok choy
- ½ cup fresh broccolini
Veggie saute “sauce”
- 2 lbs carrot
- 4 oz. Cubed butter
- 2 oz. honey
- oil for grilling
Method of Preparation:
- Take the raw pork butt and marinate with brown sugar, garlic, ginger and shoyu for 7 days.
- Once marinated, heat a pan with oil and grill pork loin until heated through with grill marks.
- While pork loin is grilling
- Oil a 2nd pan and Saute fresh rainbow carrots and broccolini for 2 minutes then add bok choy to same pan. Saute until veggies are heated through.
- While Veggies are finishing
- Blend carrot, honey and butter in a blender until emulsified to spread consistency.
- Cut pork loin into 1 inch thick pieces
- Spread the sauce on a plate with the back of a large spoon
- Place the veggies on the sauce and plate the pork loin on the open side of the plate.
Times Is The Exclusive Supermarket Partner Of:
Every Monday At 7:30pm on Spectrum OC16
For More Recipes Like This. Go To www.cookinghawaiianstyle.com