Hawaiian Electric is a proud sponsor of Cooking Hawaiian Style Season 11 and 12 and this week we are happy to welcome back Jennifer Zelko-Schlueter. I love having Jennifer on the show because she always says she’s nervous but once the bright lights hit her face and the camera is turned on her energy is vibrant. Not only can she cook but she is also the Director of Government, Community and Media Relations at Hawaiian Electric. In addition, she serves her community on many boards including the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation East Hawaii Region, UH Hilo Alumni and friends, Na Leo Hawaii, and as a member of the Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce. Today she puts on her kitchen hat and shares with us her baked salmon recipe.
(A lot of people do the furikake salmon but this is a nice little twist on the basic dish with the teri sauce marinade and the addition of wasabi.)
- Marinate salmon in Yoshida sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, discard marinade and place salmon fillets in a baking dish or a sheet pan.
- Mix mayo and wasabi paste until combined, spread over salmon as much or little as desired.
- Sprinkle furikake over fillets (also as much or little as desired).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Broil for 5 until tops are slightly browned.
Copyright ©2019 Ryan Sakamoto. All Rights Reserved