If you have ever been to a fish auction or Pier 38 where the fishing boats come in, then you probably have seen or visited Uncleʻs in Kalihi. They recently opened their second restaurant in the Pearl Ridge Shopping Center. Some of my favorite dishes are the fish and chips because they only use fresh fish, and their fresh fish of the day. Bruce and I have a connection because he lives on the island of Lana’i, where Iʻm from. This week Bruce shows us how they make their fresh fish sandwich.
- Heat pan to medium high heat then add butter to coat pan
- Season fish patty with salt & pepper
- Place fish patty in pan and cooked to desired temperature
- Toast bun on hot pan
- add cooked fish onto bottom bun
- Add onion, tomato, and lettuce to bun
- Add top bun
- Serve with french fries or green salad
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||10 minutes|
|Total time||20 minutes|
Copyright ©2020 Ryan Sakamoto. All Rights Reserved.