This week in the kitchen we have one of the members of the popular Island reggae group Rebel Souljahzs. His group won a Na Hoku Hanohano award for Reggae album of the year in 2009 and also an Island Music award with the song of the year for “Spaceship.” Bubba Hodges and his bandmates hail from Waipahu where they started singing together in High school and now you can find them touring all over the US and of course Hawaii. I always see Bubba cooking and making ono local foods on his social media and thought it was time to share his kitchen talents, and amazing knife skills. This week Bubba makes his Fried Ahi Moco.
- Make fish patty with ahi, salt, and pepper
- Add wasabi and mayonnaise together in a bowl
- Rub the patty in the wasabi/mayonnaise mix
- Then roll the patty in panko
- Then fry patty in a hot pan (couple minutes each side)
- When cooked place patty on a scoop of rice
- Fry egg in the pan and add to the top of the patty
|Source||Bubba Hodges (Rebel Souljahz)|
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
Copyright ©2020 Ryan Sakamoto. All Rights Reserved.