This week in the kitchen from Hawaii island, designer Manaola Yap joins us. We where lucky enough to have his mom a few seasons ago and now we are excited to have him in the kitchen. His background is amazing as he cultivated that entrepreneurial spirit from a young age. With hula and his Hawaiian culture as the foundation, Manaola has made a name in the fashion world showcasing his traditional styles. This week in the kitchen we discuss his experience at New York Fashion Week, his first business moves and of course his amazing line of clothing and accessories. Manaola comes from an extremely talented family and this week he shares a special recipe he grew up with, lina lina pancakes (cowboy style)
- Add flour, sugar, and salt to a large bowl and whisk.
- Slowly add water to the dry ingredients while mixing.
- Add water until the mixture is a gravy-like consistency.
- Heat your pan to medium heat, grease with coconut oil spray
- Spoon in your pancake mixture, and fry.
Butter the pancake then roll and cut in half top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkle on the cinnamon-sugar mixture