This season Hawaiian Electric joins the Cooking Hawaiian Style ohana. Jennifer Zelko-Schlueter is the Manager of Government and Community Relations at Hawaii Electric Light Company. She earned a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Hawaii at Hilo in Psychology and her Juris Doctorate from Gonzaga University’s School of Law. She serves on numerous boards including: Hawaii Health Systems Corporations East Hawaii Region, University of Hawaii at Hilo Alumni & Friends, Na Leo ‘O Hawaii, and the HFS Federal Credit Union. She is also a member of the Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce, Hawaii County Bar Association and Hawaii State Bar Association. Jennifer was born and raised in Hilo. She serves as a Hawai‘i-Island liaison and on the Kama‘āina of the Year committee.
Make sure to catch this week’s episode as she discusses Hawaiian Electrics future and shares what they have been doing in our community’s. Can you believe they been shedding light on Hawaii for over 100 years? Today Jenifer shares her Zucchini Tomato Pasta Parmesan.
- Cook pasta per package, undercooking by 2-3 minutes, cooked but firm.
- While pasta is cooking, preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and swirl 1 tablespoon of oil to coat.
- Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Return skillet to stove with 1 tablespoon of oil and add tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat, add cooked pasta and zucchini 1 tablespoon of oil, salt, pepper, cheese, and basil OR parsley.
- Stir and serve.